Connect Appointments have an amazing opportunity for an experienced food production operative to join our client’s site based in Sighthill, Edinburgh.
Our client, a world-renowned leader in the baking and supermarket industries, are now looking to recruit for an experienced food production operative to join their team.
You must understand this production role will be fast-paced and you will be required to be on your feet for long periods of time.
Responsibilities for the food production operative position include but is not limited to;
- Assist in maintaining high hygiene standards within the site.
- To work within quality targets ensuring waste reduction is kept to a minimum and improved consistency of product safety and quality.
- Adhere to company policies relating to Health and Safety
- Comply with company policies and procedures and participate in any training offered throughout employment.
- Follow strict allergen procedures
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and housekeeping at all times
- Contribute to the production of quality products in line with the Company’s Quality Assurance programme applicable to the line and specific products.
The successful bakery operative must be;
- Good practical skills with the ability to work quickly and precisely
- Good team working skills
- Able to stay focused while doing repetitive tasks
- Able to follow instructions with an awareness of health and safety
- Numerate and accurate as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a high level of manual dexterity
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Basic knowledge of food safety and hygiene
- Our ideal candidate will have a positive work ethic
- At least one years’ experience in food preparation particularly in a bakery environment or within a fast-paced production environment, ideally in packaging.
- A good level of oral and written English.
- You will be expected to work in all areas within the baking process which will include; preparing, sorting, packing and inspecting/modifying products. You must have high standards of quality control ensuring there are no flaws with any products. Having good attention to detail and dexterity is vital for this ongoing temporary to a permanent role.
- Holiday accrual
- Subsidised canteen which sells hot food daily.
- Onsite carpark
- Onsite changing room
- Overtime available.
What to expect:
Backshift: Monday – Friday 2pm – 10pm- £8.51/ h
Night shift: Monday – Friday 10pm – 6am- £9/ h
It is an essential aspect of this role that you carry out general cleaning duties as you work, ensuring your work area is clean and tidy guaranteeing Health and Safety and Hygiene procedures adhere too
Connect Appointments are coming to Musselburgh JCP on Thursday the 10th October from 9.30 onwards and will interviewing customers.
Candidates need to bring along with them:
- Passport or birth certificate
- Letter with proof of address – dated within the past x3 months
- Proof of national insurance (P45 / P60 – letter from DWP)
- Bank Details
If interested to send your CV to email@example.com where you will be contacted and invited to an interview. You must bring in your ID to the interview.