Queens Bay, Milton Road Edinburgh
Part Time Housekeeping Assistant (Permanent)
25 hours per week as agreed with Unit Manager
Our Housekeeping Assistants play a vital role within our homes and their work is something that is noticed right from the start. Your work may involve working in the kitchen, dining room, laundry or general housekeeping tasks. However, no matter the task in hand, you can be sure that you will be working as part of a close-knit team where your positive approach to maintaining a good standard of housekeeping will be valued by residents and management alike.
The people who use CrossReach services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers.
CrossReach are a charity who offer loving care to people of all ages who are in need of a helping hand, supporting them to live life to the full whatever their circumstances.
We have been at the forefront of high quality social care for almost 150 years and today, CrossReach are one of Scotland’s largest care providers, with experience across a broad range of services. We are still growing, learning and improving, thanks to the incredible people we have the privilege to support and all those who support us.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
As an Organisation, your wellbeing is important to us. Therefore our exceptional benefits package for permanent employees includes a competitive salary, generous pension and holiday entitlements and private healthcare.
We are also committed to helping you learn, develop and flourish in your role at CrossReach.
All members of CrossReach staff are given fair and equal Learning and Development opportunities. From the moment you begin your employment with us, at whatever level, we will support you with your professional development.
If you’ve worked in a care setting before that’s great but we’re more interested in how you’d help us continue to make our residents lives as pleasant as possible. We’ll make sure you get all the training required that is relevant to the role.
- To ensure the level of cleanliness throughout the property complies with CrossReach standards.
- To assist other staff members in all aspects of housekeeping, as directed by senior staff.
- To work at times as directed by a senior member of staff, or on a rota system.
- To assist service users in maintaining their personals space within the unit, as directed by a senior member of staff, and in accordance with the service user’s personal plans.
- To assist new staff in acquiring knowledge and skills related to housekeeping tasks.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To participate in staff training.
- To undertake appropriate Health & Safety training.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
The following documentation will be required (role depending.)
Proof of right to work Documents
- Passport (with Visa if required)
- Birth Certificate & National Insurance
- Applicants will be required to be a member of the PVG Scheme for Adults. New applications to the PVG Scheme are £59 and updates are £18. CrossReach will pay for this upfront on the agreement that monies will be deducted from first pay.
- Applicants who have lived outside of the UK for more than 6 months will be asked to provide an overseas criminal record check.
- 2 Employment References – last employer and last care employer (if appropriate.)
- For Care related posts only
To view and apply for vacancies, please see our website https://www.crossreach.org.uk/careers.
Alternatively, please call the unit directly on 0131 669 2828 if you would prefer a paper application form to complete.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.crossreach.org.uk/careers. →