Queens Bay, Milton Road, Edinburgh
Care Workers – Days and Nights (Relief)
Flexible hours / Ad-Hoc
£9 per hour
CrossReach Care Workers play a vital role within a multi-disciplinary team, to meet the needs of the service user. This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling but allows you a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done.
The people who use CrossReach services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers.
CrossReach are a charity who offer loving care to people of all ages who are in need of a helping hand, supporting them to live life to the full whatever their circumstances.
We have been at the forefront of high quality social care for almost 150 years and today, CrossReach are one of Scotland’s largest care providers, with experience across a broad range of services. We are still growing, learning and improving, thanks to the incredible people we have the privilege to support and all those who support us.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
As an Organisation, your wellbeing is important to us. Therefore our exceptional benefits package for permanent employees includes a competitive salary, generous pension and holiday entitlements and private healthcare.
We are also committed to helping you learn, develop and flourish in your role at CrossReach.
All members of CrossReach staff are given fair and equal Learning and Development opportunities. From the moment you begin your employment with us, at whatever level, we will support you with your professional development.
Previous experience working with Older Adults would be advantageous but not entirely necessary if you hold the personal qualities required to be a first class carer. We will provide you with all the training and support that you need, including Safe Moving and Handling techniques, as the role can sometimes be fairly physical.
- To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
- Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
- Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
- Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
- Ensure that Service Users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing Service Users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
- Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
- Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
The following documentation will be required (role depending.)
Proof of right to work Documents
- Passport (with Visa if required)
- Birth Certificate & National Insurance
- Applicants will be required to be a member of the PVG Scheme for Adults. New applications to the PVG Scheme are £59 and updates are £18. CrossReach will pay for this upfront on the agreement that monies will be deducted from first pay.
- Applicants who have lived outside of the UK for more than 6 months will be asked to provide an overseas criminal record check.
- 2 Employment References – last employer and last care employer (if appropriate.)
- For Care related posts only
To view and apply for vacancies, please see our website https://www.crossreach.org.uk/careers.
Alternatively, please call the unit directly on 0131 669 2828 if you would prefer a paper application form to complete.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.crossreach.org.uk/careers. →