Baynes the Bakers are looking for Sales Assistants for their Haddington and Prestonpans Shops
Haddington: 16 hours per week, possibility of up to 24 hours per week
Prestonpans: Temp 0 hour but will work on average of 9 to 13 hours per week
Rate of pay: Under 18 £7.07 and 18+ £8.31
Must be flexible regarding hours, shops open from 5.30am to 4.30pm
Sales assistant purpose
“To increase the stores’ profitable sales by delivering a consistently high standard of
customer service to our customers whilst adhering to the company`s operational standards,
policies and procedures”
What will you do?
▪ Greet and serve customers who enter the shop.
▪ Make up filled rolls for counter displays and customers, using the recipe booklet.
▪ Assist with bake-off to ensure sufficient freshly baked products are available to
customers at all times.
▪ Make and serve hot drinks.
▪ Set up and maintain counter and window displays in line with guidelines.
▪ Deal with customer pre-orders and process payment and paperwork accordingly.
▪ Take payment for goods using electronic tills and processing cash and card.
▪ Stock shelves with products.
▪ Answer queries from customers.
▪ Report discrepancies and problems to the shop manager.
▪ Give advice and guidance on products to customers.
▪ Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scenes.
▪ Clear tables in café areas.
▪ Receive, check and put away the deliveries.
▪ Assist with special promotions, and putting up displays.
▪ Assist with food safety checks and procedures.
▪ Assist with cashing up and closing the store down when req
If interested send your CV with a cover letter stating your availability and the shop you are wanting to apply for to email@example.com